Thursday, 24 December 2015

Day in Brighton + Rocky Horror Show

Friday 18th December 2015. What a manic day – but worthwhile.

Around 9AM, we ventured to the train station and made our way to Brighton. A 2/3 hour journey – my favourite kind. I love long train journeys!


I must admit, upon arrival in Brighton, it was not the best first impression I have ever had. The train station made me feel apprehensive and the busy high street made me anxious. But this soon began to fade and I started to enjoy the area.

We walked down to a tapas restaurant called Bellota. If you do not know what tapas is, it is Spanish cuisine. I was not too familiar on this cuisine as I am usually very unadventurous with my food, however I do love trying new things.

We ordered quite a banquet, as you can see below!




















For the starters and main, we ordered:
Calamares
Albondigas
Pan Tomaca
Chorizo Ibérico De Bellota
Beef Cheeks
Pollo De Mi Abuela

And then for dessert, we ordered:
Salted Caramel Slice and Churros for Two





















Once we were stuffed like a stuffed crust, we headed down to the beach for a walk. What a beautiful sight. I was quite upset at the lack of people on the beach considering the weather was fairly warm for December and also, who doesn’t want to go to the beach!? Look at that sunset!




















The main reason for heading down to Brighton for the day was not just for the beach and the scenic views, but to see a show. My housemate, Richard, had booked tickets to see The Rocky Horror Show in Brighton at the Theatre Royal. 

















Now, I was not too keen on this idea having previously abhorred the concept and show altogether. However, I thoroughly enjoyed this musical. Being a drama student at university, I went in with an open mind and it was definitely one of my favourite pieces of theatre I have gone to see. The whole audience were on their feet dancing and singing to the songs, they had such good humor and the actors were just amazing. Another reason I loved it may have also been because of the actor playing Rocky… 
















Dominic Andersen is his name. I think it would be wrong to say that he might have been the only reason I enjoyed the show… but I think it could actually be that. It was definitely one of those “I-can’t-seem-to-look-at-anyone-else-now-that-god-is-on-the-stage” moments.

Overall, the day was a solid 10 out of 10 and I would do it again if I could. It definitely made me want to travel more in 2016.

As it is Christmas Eve, I hope you have an amazing Christmas Day and get everything you could ever wish for. But I mainly hope you get to spend it with loved ones, because that is what is most important, right? Oh, and the chocolates. Ah yes, the chocolates too.

Have a good one, and see you in the New Year!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I really want to go to Brighton! Please can we go sometime next year! :)
    Hope you have a good Christmas Day too
    Jessica xx
    http://thebirdsandbutterflies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete