Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Time for a Change

Over the past six months, I have noticed a lot about my life. I seem to get lost quite often in the midst and the chaos of life in general… and I do not spend enough time focusing on the needs of my body, my mind and generally what is good for me. Luckily, I have just finished my second year of university and that means I have a whole summer, up until September, to do something about this.



This post is basically a short list of what I want to work on over a period of time and hopefully be able to maintain long-term. Here are my top 5:

Health
Food is a huge passion of mine, especially healthy food. I enjoy making healthy meals, especially from scratch. Lately, I have been so busy that it was very easy for me to just check in to the nearest fast food restaurant and order some items from the menu without thinking twice about what I was putting into my body. I always feel horrible after eating something fatty and with high amounts of salt and/or sugar. So why do I eat it? My excuse is more often than not: I have no time. This is a lie. We all have time. I just tend to not plan in advance as often as I should. So from now on, I am going to try my best to make sure my body is only filled with healthy, nutritious food. Another section of health I would like to improve is my mind and my fitness. Sport was a big part of my life for several years before I came to university – I loved being outside, running or playing a particular sport. Nowadays, I often find myself cooped up in my room which does no good whatsoever for myself. Especially if I don’t do anything all day. It makes me feel so rubbish, and I want to change that. There is so much out there for me to see, and I am preventing myself from doing so, just because I don’t make the effort.

Possessions
I own a lot of things. A LOT of things. I am very privileged to be able to own these items, however, I like minimalism. I love simple things. Having a lot of stuff in and around my room often makes me feel like my room is constantly messy. One of the reasons that my room seems so full is because I am at university, and thus have to keep a lot of my possessions in one room (minus kitchen items). Several things in my room I do not use so I aim to have a clear out before I move out at the end of June and only keep the items I really do need and will use.

Time
Like mentioned earlier, I do not plan my day and therefore often find that I have wasted my days and not made time for the things that are important in my life. Over the summer, I aim to make good use of my diary and plan a lot of things. I mainly want to make time to see my family and friends from back home, I want to ensure my work schedule can fit in with this so I am not rushing around most days, I want to make time to go for runs and have days out with my boyfriend, and just be able to have the time to make good memories.

Love
There are many types of love I want to work on now I have time to figure out what I want in my life. The first being self-love. This is a big thing for me, as I have had struggles through majority of my teens. Now I am 20 years old, I feel it is definitely time for me to start accepting who I am and improving myself for the bigger world when I graduate. Other types of love that I want to work on is my love with other people. My boyfriend being the main person for this, we have been together for just under 5 months now, but have known each other almost 2 years. I know that I want to grow with him and build a future with him, so I want to work on us as much as I can. My love towards family and friends is at its peak – in my opinion! But as mentioned in ‘Time’, I want to make as much time for them as possible. Lastly, I want to make time for nature and time to appreciate what I have. I often get so overwhelmed by stress that I do not take in the beauty around me. This is something that makes me very happy when I am outside and reflecting on life, which can help with my next section – ‘Happiness’.

Happiness
This is probably the section that means the most to me. I do not believe that by achieving all of the above with give me the ultimate happiness. But I believe that it is the start of my journey to being completely content with my life. Of course, I will still have some bad days, but I hope that they won’t affect my mood as much as they have in the past few months.

I hope this post has been somewhat inspiring for you and has made you want to change something for the better whilst you have the summer holidays. Let me know in the comments if you do as I am interested to know, and any tips to help me with what I want to improve!

Stay happy, 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. It's very important to stay healthy and happy :) Love your blog and layout,looks super cute!
    librodibellezza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete