Saturday, 28 January 2017

Empties #1

This is my first blog post on what products I have used up – otherwise called “Empties” which seems to be the common name amongst bloggers and vloggers.

I am one of those people who definitely likes to use up one product before I move onto the next one, so there is very little in my empties because it takes me a while to use up a product as I only use a small amount. I am also a very clean, minimalist person, so keeping this stuff in a bag to the side of my bedroom has been an absolute nightmare and several times I have wanted to throw it away.

Anyway, I always ramble on so let’s just get straight into what I have finished in the past month or two…




This product has micro-particles to really remove all of the dead skin cells on your face and to help refine and reduce the size of pores. This gives a more radiant complexion as all of the dull, dead skin has been removed. It also helps to improve the texture of your skin.

Repurchase? As much as I liked this product, I am looking to completely change my make-up and skincare to natural, organic products. Even though this brand advertises that they are natural and use ‘the power of plants’, when checking the ingredients, there were a lot of chemicals still in there, which is a shame as I really did love this product.

This product smelt so good and lasted me absolutely forever! However, it did not give my hair any volume at all. The only thing it achieved was making my hair smell nice as it has Jericho rose and pink grapefruit in it. The reason I bought this was because it says on the packaging that it has ‘0% silicones and parabens’. Other than that, it did not do much for my hair at all.

Repurchase? As this product didn’t really do much for me, I won’t be repurchasing but another reason I won’t be repurchasing is knowing that it still has harsh ingredients, even without the parabens and silicones.

This perfume is one of my all-time favourites and is a classic. It is my statement ‘accessory’ that I cannot live without. On many websites the scent is described as:

“Sparkling fresh notes of Ambrette and Rose mix with sensual Jasmine and White flowers to convey an enticing floral bouquet. Amber, apricot, aromatic vanilla and musk give a deeper foundation to this iconic fragrance.”

It is such a beautiful, feminine, musky fragrance that I can never get enough of. I am aware that most high-end perfumes have several ingredients that can be harmful and/or are not natural but I have been working around this by spraying perfume onto my clothing before I put them on instead of spraying directly onto my skin.

Repurchase? Definitely!

I cannot get enough of this product! Regardless of whether the smell of the seaweed makes me feel sick or not, my skin looks absolutely flawless after I have used this. The fact you are supposed to keep this in the fridge gives it a really nice cooling effect when you apply it onto your skin. The rose absolute and aloe vera in the product really soothe my skin and keep any redness at bay and the ground almonds give my face a gentle scrub when washing it off. My skin has never felt so smooth! I also love that with the pots that they come in, once you have 5 clean and empty pots you can return them and get a FREE fresh face mask in return. Very eco-friendly!

Repurchase? Yes! All of the ingredients are natural, even the perfume used in the product! Even better for my skin!

I was a bit on the fence with this face mask as it has a really overpowering scent of garlic in it (mainly because it does contain garlic!) and it makes me feel quite queasy breathing it in for 10-15 minutes whilst it dries on my face. It doesn’t work as well for me as the BB Seaweed one, but it does give my skin a nice cool feeling and still reduces redness. This product also can have its packaging returned to be recycled.

Repurchase? I am not so sure on this one because it contains eggs. Even though they are free-range, I am trying to reduce the amount of animal products I consume and purchase.

Not going to lie, this product tastes absolutely awful if you accidentally get it in your mouth. Ugh! Besides that, it does have fairly sized pieces of salt in there which exfoliate your skin very well, and the lime really does help to lighten the skin which I find helps even out discoloration. The salt can sometimes be really harsh and scratchy so I would not recommend this for people with sensitive skin, but personally, this is the best scrub I have found as of yet. On the website, there are 4 types of this scrub you can choose from which can be helpful if you want one without alcohol in it or one that is self-preserving if you don’t use scrubs very often.



I like that you can choose a smaller tub of it or a larger one, so they don’t go to waste, and also the packaging (again) can be returned to the store to be recycled and used again.

Repurchase? This particular one I purchased was the standard one that wasn’t alcohol free or self-preserving. I checked the ingredients on their website, and even though it says that some ingredients are “safe synthetics”, they are not natural so I won’t be repurchasing. I currently have the self-preserving one in a big tub but I have checked all of the ingredients for all 4 of the products and they all contain “safe synthetics” so I won’t be buying any of them anymore once I finish my current pot (unless they change the formula in the future).

This is the first eye cream I found that actually worked for me. It was super hydrating and only needed a little bit each day so it lasted me for a long time. The formula was lovely and it was really lightweight so it didn’t feel cakey and it absorbed really quickly into my skin. My concealer didn’t crease when applied on top which was another bonus!

Repurchase? Possibly… However, after using up that pot of eye cream, I decided to try the ‘All About Eyes Rich’ product. This one is more of a cream consistency than a gel one so it takes longer to absorb but I’ve found that it really has helped to reduce my natural dark circles (which is a first!) and it moisturises deeper as it is a thicker formula. I am aware that this is not a natural product but until I find an organic one just as good, or even better, I will keep repurchasing the ‘All About Eyes Rich’ one.

I was originally gifted this by a friend in high school and absolutely loved it. The brush was an amazing size, with a little bit on the end to coat those hard-to-reach lashes which was helpful. I did find it flaked a little during the day as it was very drying which was the only downfall, but it lasted a very long time and was a favourite of mine for a lengthy period.

Repurchase? Obviously knowing that it isn’t organic means a big no for me but if I needed a mascara for a big event and an organic one just didn’t do enough I would consider buying it again.



So there we have it – my first attempt at an ‘Empties’ blog post. I imagine they may vary in length each time I do one but it all depends on whether I wear make-up a lot in one period of time or if I have problem skin and need to use more of a product, etc. Is there anything you have finished up recently? Let me know in the comment section!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment