Saturday, 11 February 2017

January Favorites

January always seems to be the month in which I love a large amount of products compared to the rest of the year (new year, new me, new products?) so it was really hard for me to pick my ultimate favorites for the month of January. This is my first post in this series but I have wanted to do a monthly favorites series for a long time, so I hope you enjoy reading this post as much as I loved writing it!


In my last blog post, I spoke a lot about wanting to slowly replace the skincare and makeup products I use into ones that are natural, organic and good for the earth as well as my skin. I came across the brand Sukin when I was shopping in Boots and was intrigued as to how good their products would be. Their website (link) uses the slogan “Skincare that doesn’t cost the earth” and they talk a lot about how they try to make their products good for the earth in other ways such as being carbon neutral, their packaging is 100% recyclable, they do not contain sulphates or parabens and more. As it is a new range to Boots, it had a good introductory price so I bought a few items. This product has made my skin so clear and soft. I hardly ever have a breakout and it really cleanses my pores well. I have already re-purchased this and considering I use this day and night, it has lasted for a considerate amount of time even though it only has 125ml of product in it.

Yes, another one of Sukin's products in my favorites. I really am enjoying the quality of them. This facial scrub got my attention when I read that it contains kale, spirulina, chlorella and parsley in order to ‘promote a healthy, glowing complexion’. It does not contain any plastic beads, which is good for the environment and our water systems, and instead uses jojoba beads and bamboo which makes it a gentle scrub which will not irritate skin and can even be used on sensitive skin types. My skin always looks radiant and glowing after I use this and I will definitely be repurchasing. I really do recommend this skincare brand!

This has been a favorite of mine for a while now, just because it really does get rid of any spots and blemishes overnight! You only need a little bit of the product too, so it lasts a long time. This product has been more popular recently as it was featured on Kylie Jenner’s Snapchat as part of her skincare regime. I have honestly never found a product that really clears spots as quick as this one and it is cheap too! At around £15, UK residents can get this from a selection of retailers that sell American products such as BeautyBay.

This quickly became a favorite of mine last year and is still one of my ‘go-to’ concealers to this day. It has such a lovely creamy formula which covers any blemishes I have and really helps to take away the purple/blue circles under my eyes. I use the shade Light 2 and use it on its own with a little bit of powder to set and it lasts all day.

Sure, it has a long winded name but it really is a savior for my nails. I like to grow my nails out and then shape them but more often than not, I will get them to the length that I desire and shape them, then after a few days they will split down the side and I will have to cut the nail off before it gets any worse and splits somewhere else. I presumed my nails just weren’t very strong, so I bought this on a whim and it actually has helped. I use it alongside the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth and it has helped tremendously. Yes, there are still times that my nails split but it is less frequent now.

I am a big fan of the Eight Hour range by Elizabeth Arden, and this hand cream has been perfect for the winter months we have had in the UK. My hands don’t tend to get chapped or dry, but I like to protect them anyway to prevent any damage or aging. The scent of this product is quite strong and I am not a major fan of it – also, the scent seems to be in every product I have bought from the Eight Hour range, not sure why! – but the quality of the product is what I am looking for most and I definitely found a good quality formula in this hand cream!

This product has lasted me for a very long time and I still have over half left. It is quite a nourishing lip gloss that isn’t sticky and has a sheer coverage. It lasts for a while but I do need to reapply every few hours. However, I have never owned a lip product that lasts all day and am still looking for one, so this does not bother me as much. The lip perfector smells lovely and comes with a sponge applicator which you need to squeeze the product through which I like as it is an easy application. It looks great on its own but can also be used over a lipstick for a hint of gloss. The shades are lovely and they all include shea, rice and ingredients from an olive tree which help to nourish your lips.

The 7th Heaven face masks are some of my favorites as they contain natural ingredients and safe man-made ones with no nasty chemicals or parabens (as well as being really cheap). This Manuka honey mask honestly makes my skin feel so soft and nourished. Manuka honey is a natural cleanser and a good anti-bacterial agent so it helps to clear any blemishes and deeply clean my pores. My skin looks glowing after I have used this and I have repurchased many times. Peel-off masks are a lot gentler on the skin compared to scrubs and you can really see the dead skin cells that have been removed when you look at the peel afterwards. Gross but satisfying!

This product was mentioned in my last post and it has really helped to nourish my eye area. I inherited dark circles from my mom so I always look tired but this eye cream has helped to somehow lighten them in my opinion. I’m not sure how this has worked but I am glad it has! Considering it is a relatively small pot but a large-ish price, it lasts me forever! I am not even a quarter of the way through this and I got in October. I use it day and night and it is really helping to moisturize the skin around my eyes, hopefully keeping wrinkles at bay!

I wrote about this book in my resolutions post. This book has really been helping me to see that there a lot of things in my life that cause me stress just because they are in my everyday life but they do not mean anything to me. Such as items. Having them around me but never being used and never knowing where to put them and they just get in the way. This book is about living well, making connections, really loving what you own and do, etc. It has given me a new outlook on life and I really do recommend reading it.


Now, there are some favorites that haven’t made it into the picture simply because they are film choices or songs. So, some of my favorite songs, movies and TV shows from this month are:

*      Christine and the Queens -Tilted
*      Adele – Water Under The Bridge
*      Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
*      Split (Movie)
*      Sherlock (TV Show – how amazing was this season though?!)
*      Criminal Minds


So there is my first ‘favorites’ post for 2017. Let me know what you have been enjoying this month so far!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hi, nice review if some natural products that don't cost the earth, for a change. What is the film split about? I'm always in the lookout for film recommendations x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jules, thank you for your lovely comment. Yes it feels so good to find products that are good for my skin as well as the environment! Split is a movie about a man with a mental division called Dissociative Identity Disorder and it is about how far the mind and body can go, a very interesting movie about what the mind can unlock! I definitely recommend. I hope you are well. Love, Rebecca xo

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of the Sukin products before - will have to check them out now! Have a lovely weekend x
    Kirsty from https://unseen-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an amazing brand! I really hope you enjoy their products as much as I do, have a lovely week Kirsty! Love, Rebecca xo

      Delete