Saturday, 25 March 2017

Morning Skincare Routine

I have spent a fair few years figuring out what products work for my skin and which ones to steer clear of. In the recent months, I have also been trying to convert most, if not all, of my products to natural skincare. As I have gotten older, I have definitely been taking more care of my skin in general, not just the face. Got to prevent the aging process eh?

This post is all about the skincare products I use in the morning, and one about my evening skincare will follow shortly.



To begin my morning, I use a scrub on my face to slough away all of the dead skin cells and exfoliate my skin’s surface to reveal a youthful brightness. My two favorite products for this are the Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Scrub and the Botanics Microdermabrasion Polish. The Sukin brand uses micro jojoba beads and ground bamboo to gently exfoliate the face, whereas the Microdermabrasion Polish uses pumice which is a little bit more of a harsh scrub.


After using the scrub, I use the Sukin Oil Balancing Purifying Gel Cleanser with Charcoal. This is a gentle cleanser that glides smoothly over the skin, creates a nice lather to cleanse deeply and the charcoal helps to purify your pores deep down.



After I cleanse, my last step in the morning is usually to moisturize before I put on any makeup. The two moisturizers I have been loving recently are the Sukin Super Greens Nutrient Rich Facial Moisturizer and the Sukin Oil Balancing Mattifying Facial Moisturizer. I tend to use the mattifying moisturizer under makeup as it is oil free and I have combination skin, so I want to minimize the shine that may crop up during the day. Whereas, I save the nutrient rich moisturizer for my no makeup days as it can leave a little shine on my skin.



Usually, I would just use the two moisturizers mentioned above on my whole face. But on the days where I will be applying a lot of makeup, maybe for an event, I want my under eye area to be as moisturized as possible so the makeup does not dry my eye area out. For this, I will use the Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream. This is such a rich and thick formula that really keeps my eye area moisturized all day and absorbs quickly which is convenient for those days when I am in a rush.

As I mentioned in this post, I have been trying to change a lot of my skincare products to natural brands, and therefore that is the reason Sukin is mentioned so often. I love their products and their philosophy of “Skincare that doesn’t cost the Earth”. With all of the brands and chemicals flying around these days, I think it is beneficial that we learn what we are putting onto our skin and absorbing every day.


If you enjoyed this post then you may enjoy my January Favorites and Empties #1!

I hope you liked reading this post on my morning skincare routine. If there are any other routines you would be interested in reading then let me know in the comments below!

Have a great weekend,

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, I too,have changed my skincare to be more organic and natural and these are interesting brands I want to try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you find any brands that are worth checking out! I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend Debbie. Love, Rebecca xo

      Delete