Monday, 1 June 2015

My Make-Up Routine

Hi again!

So this blog post is a little different, and more beauty based. But I hope you enjoy!

I love being nosey and taking a look at what other people include in their make-up routine, whether that is my friends’ routine or just reading similar blog posts, so I thought I would do a blog post on my own make-up routine.


I am not a very experimental person when it comes down to cosmetics – I tend to find certain products that work well for me and will hardly ever stray from that routine. I will occasionally add the odd bit of eyeliner or change the foundation I use, but I almost never wear different colours of eyeshadow or lipstick. I love nude shades (and the occasional pink for lipsticks!) and I always will.















Here are the cosmetics I use when I do a full-face of make-up. 

« Ted Baker Mascara
« Ted Baker Eyelash Curlers – Rose Gold
« Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick – 418Peach Poppy


This is the look I usually end up with - I think it is very pretty and basic yet still a bit girly. You can easily add a slick of eyeliner or a red lip for a dramatic evening look too!

I own a whole box of make-up, but tend to almost always use the same products on a regular basis. All of my other products I tend to use on my friends when I give them a makeover.


I do not wear make-up everyday, as I prefer to keep the “dolled-up” look for days where I want to look good – for example, dates, lunch with the girlies, or when I will be surrounded by a lot of people. So when I am not wearing all of this, I tend to opt for a light moisturizer, a touch of concealer, powder, 1 or 2 slicks of mascara and some lip balm.




P.S. The brushes I use in my routine are not from big labels or brands. I tend to use brushes that have soft bristles and are usually from Superdrug or Wilkinsons. I do hope to branch out and buy Mac brushes and maybe even Zoeva brushes soon but for now, I am happy with the quality of the cheaper brushes I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment