Saturday, 12 December 2015

The Christmas Tag

So it is almost Christmas and I am slowly beginning to feel festive again (I was already rocking out to the Christmas tunes in July!)

I was reading my housemate’s blog, over at The Birds and the Butterflies, and I saw that she has done ‘The Christmas Tag’ as part of her Blogmas! She has some really good posts, go and check them out!

I quite enjoy the whole concept of doing tag posts as they are fun to answer but also a good way of getting to know the writer too!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s? The answer to this has got to be Elf! Hands down I can quote majority of this by heart. Such a family-friendly film with so many comical moments. Just like Home Alone 1&2. Old Christmas films win. Every. Time.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? This depends on who the present is from. If it is from a friend at uni then I usually open it there and then so I can say thank you, but from family it is Christmas Day as this is usually when I see them at the same time.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? Oh my goodness, yes. There is one that stands out majorly. When I was around 10 or 11 years old, on Christmas Day I went into my mom’s room (where my brother also slept) to see if he got a present from Santa Claus. He did! But when I looked at the label on it, it said “from mom”. She had put out the wrong present and she tried to play it off as cool as she could by saying it was Mrs Claus instead but I was not fooled. I knew she had stolen Santa’s present for herself.

4. Favourite festive food? Pigs in blankets. End of.

5. Favourite Christmas gift? I love sentimental presents. Always. This way it isn’t a typical present that a lot of people get given and it is more tailored to me.

6. Favourite Christmas scent? Probably peppermint. Or the smell of my nan’s roast dinner.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? Erm, sleep. Literally sleep. The more I sleep the quicker Christmas comes.

8. What tops your tree?
An empty bottle of Fairy liquid. It’s still a fairy right?
 
9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I remember one year I asked Santa for an unlimited supply of Ribena. Best. Gift. Ever. I didn’t get it, but I can dream, right?

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Family. Forever and always family.

And there we have it! A short but sweet Christmas tag. I cannot believe Christmas Day is 13 days away. MY INNER CHILD IS SCREAMING. Do you have any answers to these questions? Leave them in the comments below!

post signature


“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”- Elf.

2 comments:

  1. Pigs and blankets are my favourite!
    As if you have a bottle of fairy liquid on your tree! Haha
    Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, right!? And you live with me! You should know I don't stick to the norm! P.S. We have a Christmas tree in our basement now :-) Love, Rebecca xo

      Delete